The Seventh-day Adventist philosophy of education is Christ-centered. We believe education imparts more than academic knowledge. We strive to assist our students to:
- Develop a life of faith in God.
- Learn respect for the dignity of all human beings.
- Nurture thinking rather than mere reflection of others’ thoughts.
- Love service rather than selfish ambition.
- Build a character akin to that of our Creator.
- Achieve educational excellence.
- Exercise God-given gifts to expand a Christian walk.
To prepare students for a useful and joy-filled life, fostering friendship with God, developing the whole person –spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially, with Bible-based values, embracing all that’s true, good and beautiful.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Preparing for tomorrow, by helping the young people of the Texas Hill Country meet the challenges of life through excellence in Christian education.
OUR ACCREDITATION & CERTIFICATION
Hill Country Seventh-day Adventist School is part of the largest Protestant school system in the world.
Accredited by The National Council for Accreditation of Private Schools
Member of Texas Association of Non-Public Schools
Recognized by the Texas Education Agency
OUR HISTORY AND MEMORIES
Sometime in the year of 1944 a young couple by the name of Harold and Ruby Damon, along with their ten-year-old daughter, moved to a rural community just west of Ingram, Texas. While Harold worked as a watch and jewelry repairman in Kerrville the rest of the family made friends with the neighborhood families. As a result of these new friendships a small Seventh-day Adventist church and school was started in 1946. A small framed building was erected on a plot of land adjoining the Damon property. This building and property donated by the Damon family became the first SDA church and school in Kerr County.
The building was approximately sixteen feet wide by thirty-two feet long with a movable partition in the middle. On Sabbath the partition was removed to make room for more folks in the church service. The building was heated by two wood-burning box stoves, and of course it had two out-houses in back. The school was grades one through eight and operated from 1946 through 1953. The school year of ‘53-’54 the school closed. Several of the students went on to the academy at Southwestern Junior College Academy. Others were moving away so there were only two or three left to attend.
After several dormant years . . . In the mid 1970s the school opened again—this time in Fredericksburg. The first full-time teacher, George Reed, was hired in 1979.
Our current teacher/principal, Brendia Bennett, taught for one year in Fredericksburg, and then in the fall of 1996 the school was moved to its current location on Harper Road in Kerrville.
See the About Us pages from the Parent/Student Handbook for more information.